Terms of Service
- SCOPE OF WORK: Facility Pro Corp. will customize services and scheduling based on the Client’s facility and business needs. All Services specified in the Service Agreement Task Schedule will be provided in a satisfactory manner. The Client acknowledges that only those Services listed in the Agreement will be provided for the Contract Fee, and that specialty services such as carpet cleaning, window washing, stripping and waxing floors, and power washing are available at an additional cost.
- EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES: The Client may provide their own cleaning supplies and equipment to be kept on site, for which Facility Pro Corp. would be pleased to furnish a list of recommended supplies. The Client may instead choose to have Facility Pro Corp. bring all cleaning equipment and supplies, the cost of which to be included in the Service Charge.
The Client agrees to supply toilet paper, paper towels, hand soap, and garbage bags.
- CONTRACT TERM: The term of the Service Agreement is for one year. The one-year period shall begin on the date services begin. The Client may cancel with 30 days written notice if they are unsatisfied with the services and has provided Facility Pro Corp. ample time to attempt to rectify any complaints or concerns. Facility Pro Corp. reserves the right to discontinue services with 30 days notice in the event of a Client breach of the Service Agreement, except for reasons of safety, regulatory/law or unresolved payment arrears, in which case, service may end immediately.
- RENEWAL: For changes affecting service delivery or requirements, please notify Facility Pro Corp. with at least 30 days in advance of renewal so that we may update the Service Agreement accordingly. The Service Agreement will automatically renew on the anniversary date if the Client does not notify of any revisions. Renewal pricing will include an adjustment for changes to labour market wages and general supply costs.
- STATUTORY HOLIDAYS: Facility Pro Corp. does not operate on statutory holidays; however, services may be arranged at an additional fee and subject to availability. Facility Pro Corp. will make its best efforts to reschedule your cleaning to another day, where possible, when it falls on a statutory holiday. No Service Charge credits will be issued for statutory holidays.
- CONTRACT FEES: The Service Charge is based on average cleaning requirements for the size of facility and level of build-up specified by you, and the additional information about your facility and depth of cleaning requirements that you provided. Should our staff experience above average cleaning requirements due to heavier than expected usage or build-up, additional time may be required.
The Service Charge will remain in effect for one year unless there is an increase in the original specifications or in the anticipated time required to clean the premises. In the event of any such change, the Service Charge will be adjusted, or service level modified, as agreed by both parties, to ensure the Client’s cleaning requirements are met.
- PAYMENT: Payment may be made by credit card, email money transfer (preferred) to [email protected], or cheque. Facility Pro Corp. will invoice at the start of each service month, commencing on the service start date and continuing on the same day each month. The Client agrees to pay Facility Pro Corp. the amount that is due and owing under the terms of the Service Agreement within 15 days of the invoice date. Facility Pro Corp. reserves the right to charge a 2.5% late fee per month or 30% annually on all past due accounts.
- ACCESS TO YOUR FACILITY: In our experience, the most efficient and problem-free way to access your facility on your cleaning day is to provide a set of keys, door lock code, or install a lock box on your property for our staff to retrieve and return your key to afterward. We also recommend providing a guest alarm code if you have an alarm system. If our staff are unable to gain access to your facility, a lock-out fee equal to $80 for an initial visit or 50% of your per-visit maintenance cleaning fee will apply.
- RESCHEDULING/CANCELLATION POLICY: If you need to change or cancel an appointment, please inform our office at least 48 business hours before your scheduled cleaning visit. If less than 48 business hours notice is provided, a late cancellation fee equal to $80 for an initial visit or 50% of your per-visit maintenance cleaning fee will apply.
- EXCLUSIVITY OF SERVICE: Facility Pro Corp. goes to considerable expense to recruit, screen, hire and train its cleaning staff. Should you wish to hire any of our current or former cleaning staff within 24 months of your last Facility Pro Corp. cleaning appointment, a $3,500 referral fee will apply. By using Facility Pro Corp., you confirm your acceptance of all Terms of Service, including this referral fee.
- SAFETY: Ensuring the health & safety of our cleaning staff is essential to our success. Because we care about our cleaning staff’s well-being, they in turn go the extra mile to make you our Client happy.
To provide a safe work environment, we kindly ask that our office be notified prior to cleaning day of any potential hazards in your facility. These may include, but are not limited to, biohazards (bodily fluids, pet or rodent feces, insect infestations, etc.), or construction work underway. To prevent back injury, we also ask that cleaning staff not be asked to move or lift heavy furniture. Facility Pro Corp. will remove our staff from environments deemed to be unsafe, in which case normal cleaning charges will apply.
- COVID-19 POLICY: Facility Pro Corp. cleaners wear a mask and gloves, and practice 6-foot social distancing. We kindly ask that anyone present during the cleaning also maintain a 6-foot distance as well.
- PESTS OR UNBEARABLE ODOURS: For health & safety reasons and to protect the interests of all Facility Pro Corp. clients and staff, Facility Pro Corp. will not clean in any facility that has an insect or rodent infestation, or possesses an unbearable odour. Should any sign of infestation be observed, or unbearable odour experienced, cleaning will immediately cease, and a late cancellation fee will apply.
- SKIPPED OR DELAYED CLEANING VISIT: Should you need to skip or delay your regularly scheduled visit, more time is typically required on our next visit to ensure the high standard of cleaning you want, in which case additional charges will apply.
- VALUABLES: To eliminate any potential for accidents, we ask that valuables and other precious items be put away. If you are aware of any potential perils in your facility (e.g., a loose picture frame or unstable structure), please be sure to bring it to the attention of our office. Facility Pro Corp. is not responsible for accidental breakage of precious items that the office was not informed in advance to exclude, or which was not put away during the cleaning.
- NORMAL WEAR & TEAR: Facility Pro Corp. shall not be held responsible for direct or consequential damage resulting from normal wear and tear or defective fixtures or parts that fail during our routine cleaning.
- INSURANCE: Facility Pro Corp. carries general liability insurance policy. In the rare event of breakage or damage caused by a Facility Pro Corp. employee, the company will either repair, replace or reimburse for the damage. If appropriate, insurance claims will be filed.
Facility Pro Corp. is not responsible for accidental breakage of precious items that the office was not informed in advance to exclude, or which was not put away during the cleaning.
- CHANGES TO OUR SERVICES: Facility Pro Corp. may add or remove features, products, or functionalities to its services without prior notice. Please refer to this Terms of Service section from time to time for updates.
- AGREEMENT TERMS: Should any part of these Terms of Service be deemed void, the affected provision will be severed from these Terms and will not affect the continuation and enforceability of the remaining Terms. A decision to not enforce a particular Term shall not constitute a waiver of that Term.
- CLEANING BEHIND APPLIANCES AND FURNITURE: Cleaning staff will clean behind appliances or furniture that are already pulled out. For health & safety and insurance reasons, we are unable to move appliances or furniture.
- ADDITIONAL WORK: We are always pleased to assist you with your additional cleaning requirements. Please contact us 48 hours before your next appointment so that we may schedule additional time to complete the extra tasks. Additional charges will apply.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Facility Pro Corp. provides a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If ever you are not completely satisfied, please let our office know within 24 hours and we will return to make it right— at no additional charge.
In the event that you requested the cleaning time and budget be limited to less than that recommended by Facility Pro Corp., our staff will work through your list of priorities to complete only what is possible in the time approved; in this case, we are unable to offer the Facility Pro Guarantee.
- FEEDBACK AND INSTRUCTION UPDATES: We love hearing from our Clients. To ensure that your feedback is recorded in our computer system and included in your future cleaning instructions, please always provide your feedback directly to our office.